We provide specialist networking training for lawyers, that covers everything for choosing the right events to following up in a way that turns conversations into instructions.
Email us today to request a copy of our Learning & Development Directory.
We also provide prepackaged BD training for lawyers including:
Networking training for lawyers
Whether your solicitors want to meet new people or get to know their existing contacts better, we know networking in person or virtually can sometimes feel a little uncomfortable.
Our networking training for lawyers will give your team the confidence you need to:
- Prepare for
- and follow up after networking events
So you generate better results from the time you are investing in formal, informal and virtual networking.
We will also make sure networking starts to play the part it should in your business development plan and help you sidestep the 5 objections many lawyers can raise when networking is discussed:
1. “Only extroverts can enjoy meeting new people and I don’t fit this profile.”
2. “Networking is just about selling and I’m not a salesperson” (this view will actually hamper rather than improve your networking which we explain during the session).
3. “I need to go to the same old events, the same networking events as our competitors go to.”
4. “I don’t get anything back from networking” (in our experience this is almost always because lawyers can forget the fact that follow up is the most important aspect of networking so again, this is a major part of the session).
5. “Networking is about hunting for new prospects” (it isn’t; effective networking is actually about getting closer to your existing contacts).
Why should you choose our networking training for lawyers?
Tenandahalf’s approach to networking training for lawyers is refreshingly different.
We don’t concentrate on the outmoded notion of ‘working the room’. Instead we look at 5 key areas:
1. How to find the right events to go to
2. How to identify opportunities to create your own networking groups around shared interests
3. How to build your own ‘Coffee Plan’ to help you get closer to your contacts in a more structured, systematic and efficient way
4. How to follow up after events so you are turning more contacts into work, opportunities, introductions and referrals
5. How to make sure introverts find a way to enjoy the fruits of networking too!
One of the other very popular courses we run is presentation skills training for lawyers, accountants, barristers and attorneys.
To discuss a specific training course you’d like to run for your lawyers, accountants, attorneys or barristers, please email us
“We engaged Size 10½ Boots to design and deliver a coaching project as part of our Management Development Programme. The aim of the project was to assist our Associates and Directors to improve their business development skills. The project has been extremely successful. They were approachable, amiable and extremely knowledgeable about business development, specifically in our sector and quickly built a rapport with the fee earners concerned. We have already started to see positive results as a result of Doug and Bernard’s efforts.“
Paula Bailey, Partner and Head of Employment Law, Howes Percival LLP